Ok, I think I need to relax. We will do our best to teach him about healthy options without turning him off. Any tips?
On to ice cream... I love our ice cream maker.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
(with coconut milk)
- 1 15 oz can of lite coconut milk (you can use regular coconut milk, I prefer the lighter texture)
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. This can take a bit if you're peanut butter is thick.
- Once mixed together well, add to your ice cream maker and follow it's usual instructions.
- When done pour the ice cream into a container and freeze for another hour or two. Scoop to serve!
Chocolate "magic shell" sauce
(with coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened chocolate powder
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pot on the stove over a low flame.
- Once it's melted turn off the heat then add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Add the other ingredients and stir until combined.
- Let it cool for 15 mins or so because serving.