Monday, February 7, 2011

bits-and-pieces

Almond biscuits and honey
I went through a little period where I was obsessed with making Almond Flour biscuits. They are really good and buttery tasting. They aren't flaky, flour-like biscuits, but they are special in their own way. I made them so many times in one week I kind of burned out on them. I am taking a little break and will probably make them again next week... and try to restrain myself from making them over and over and over. The honey in this photo is Zor-Honey from the Altadena Urban Farmer's Market - if you're in the area, I highly, HIGHLY recommend this market!


Lucky
Lucky is notorious for being afraid of cameras. If something even resembling a camera is pointed in her direction she cowers off and hides somewhere. The other night I put this shirt on her (old baby shirt), and she totally changed, she sat there and posed for me. That's never happened before! Justin's theory is that she doesn't like her picture to be taken while naked. I think she wears this shirt rather well, good job my little model!


Jackson Jump Up
Jackson is loving his jumper. He had been using it for a few days before he discovered he could bounce; then one day he jumped, and looked around really shocked, jumped again and shrieked! And he hasn't stopped jumping since... It's nice to have him off the ground for a while with these crazy dogs running around everywhere!

Bangladesh
I bought this wooden puzzle thing for Jackson in Bangladesh, before we were even pregnant. I thought it was pretty cute and wanted to get it for my future kid. It's weird to think.. "that future kid" is Jackson! I love this thing because it's so odd. The characters are funny looking. I don't even know what the pink thing is between the farmer man and the horse on the bottom left. I thought it might be a baby, but it looks like it has a mustache and is carrying a purse...

9 comments:

cindy* said...

Lucky is so cute! My dog actually looks a lot like her, but white & black...love that crazy hair!

Jackson is so adorable, I have a niece about the same age and she's pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Laken said...

I've been wanting to try Coco's almond flour biscuits lately. Maybe I will do that later today.

How cute is Jackson and his striped socks?

Sid. said...

With the cute dog and adorable kid around I don't know how you manage to get time to do anything :)

Thanks for the link to those biscuits - I've been looking for a good recipe!

Alejandra Ramos said...

I've always wished they made grown-up human jumpers. They look so fun.

Caroline said...

Honestly, when you have a new post my heart smiles!! Just thought you should know that!!! XO!

Anonymous said...

haha!!! that pink thing! what is it???
wow, what a great pick of jw in the jumper w/ the dog running by..
see you tomorrow!
-mer

pasadenapio said...

I can't decide which of the photos is my favorite. They certainly made me smile!

Charisse said...

Priceless photos! Love the pups hairdo!

Cafe Pasadena said...

Wunnnnderful food fotos as usual! You need to get you & your camera into a restaurant for some shots, say...the new Intelligentsia here!