Sunday, March 11, 2012

Asparagus Fries

Aparagus Fries

If kale can be chips, then asparagus can be fries, no? Yes. And these are really, really yummy.

On a completely unrelated note, my boys are sick as dogs. JW had a 105.5 fever for most of Friday and we spent about 9 hours in the E.R. sorting  that out. Now Justin is laying in bed moaning and groaning with the flu. Woe is me.

But seriously, the asparagus fries, so good.

Aparagus Fries

Baked Asparagus Fries
adapted from here

1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed 
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray



1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place almonds and breadcrumbs in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are finely ground and well mixed. Pour mixture into a shallow dish.
3. Dredge asparagus spears in flour and shake off excess.
4. Dip each spear into the egg wash followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Cover each spear in the breadcrumb mixture until fully coated. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place coated spears onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spray with a light coating of cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.

2 comments:

Brian Samuels Photography said...

I must admit that this is the first time I'm coming over to your site. Just found you through dear Hannah over at Honey and Jam and I'm hooked on these recipes. I just had to comment on these fries. I'm making them as soon as I can get my hands on a bundle of asparagus.

Amanda Mae said...

Thank you!! Hope you enjoy the fries, I think they are so good! I love your blog by the way!!