I jumped off the pumpkin train this week and made these... a couple of times. The chocolate train is my favorite train... and these mmm so goey and good!
Chocolate (tahini) Molten Cake
Adapted from here
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons tahini nut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour (wheat, millet, spelt... whatever you got)
- 3 small pieces of chocolate
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450F and butter 3 ramekins; set aside.
- Place the chocolate and tahini in a bowl and place it over a pot of simmering water. Cook until melted.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the eggs with the sugar and a pinch of salt. Beat until pale and light in color, and the volume of the batter has doubled.
- Fold in gently the flour and then chocolate. Divide the batter between the cups (keep 1/3 of the batter). Add pieces of chocolate and cover with the rest of the batter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. The less time you bake the cakes the more gooey the center will be.
My obligatory baby shot... he almost THREE MONTHS!!