Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vintage Angeles National Forest

A while ago I came across a photo album of my dad's old backpacking trips. My dad used to hike and backpack all around the Angeles National Forest - he is definitely where I get my love for being outdoors!

These photos are such an inspiration. I wish I knew more about each one... I know vaguely where some of them were taken... some near the Bridge to Nowhere, some in the San Gorgonio Wilderness... but other than that, I am not sure! I wish my dad was around so I could ask him about his trips. I'd especially love to find out where that first photo was taken, I'd love to go there!

I posted more photos here.

PS I love his clothes! Those cut off shorts, that sheep skin vest, that trucker hat!

Dad's Old Backpacking trips
Dad's Old Backpacking trips
Dad's Old Backpacking trips
Dad's Old Backpacking trips
Dad's Old Backpacking trips
Dad's Old Backpacking trips

5 comments:

nuf said...

These are amazing! How beautiful that you are are keeping his love for the outdoors alive.

his little lady said...

i love coming across old pictures like these. so perfect!!
xo TJ

Caroline said...

Those photos are priceless! Hope all is well lady! xo.

Anonymous said...

Next time I go to my Grandparents' houses I definitely need to bring a scanner and my computer - they have so many photos of my Dad growing up and they definitely need to be preserved!

kitchu said...

these are so great!