Saturday, May 21, 2011

May Day Wedding

I kind of breezed by this but on May 1st I turned 30! The big THREE-O!

On that day I was taking photos at a wedding in Redlands, Ca. I really wanted to do this wedding for the experience and I was so glad I did. The wedding/reception was indoors and I've never shot indoors, so it was a challenge (a good one!). We got to take some photos outside, too. I had a really good time and I very much appreciate Phillip & Johanna letting me take their photos, ME, the amateur! If it wasn't for brave folks like these, people like me would never get anywhere in their photography!

I was really happy with how some of the photos turned out. It was my third wedding, AND I have another one in September! Bring it on!

Without further ado...

J & P Wedding
J & P Wedding
J & P Wedding
J & P Wedding
J & P Wedding
J & P Wedding
J & P Wedding

10 comments:

shanna said...

These photos are so good (and this is from someone who's been looking at wedding photography ALL THE TIME lately). I wish you were in Chicago to do my wedding. : (

Also, happy birthday!! : )

nuf said...

Amanda!!! These are BEAUTIFUL! you are NO amateur. you have a gift, my friend.

kelly said...

Stunning wedding photos!! I wish you had been the photographer for my wedding, which took place almost eight years ago.
I agree..you are no amateur! You have amazing talent!
Oh..and happy belated birthday!!

Caroline said...

These photos are magical! I am shooting my first wedding in June!!! And, I can't wait. Again, great job on these photos.

Debbi said...

Amanda- these are beautiful! Johannna knew what she was doing when she asked you! They turned out great! You are amazing!

betty said...

Oh, these are so lovely! You really have a talent with that camera :)

betty said...

Yes yes! We DO have a Pasadena cooking club. We're actually just gathering some momentum...and always looking for interested friends in the area...

If you're at all interested...I'd love to tell you more about it?

Debbi said...

any more?? specifically the one with the 3 sisters???

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I'm not getting married. I'm not even dating anyone. But I want you to take my wedding pictures, please. Those are beautiful.

katieleigh said...

wow, these are beautiful. i love the post processing! great tones.