Monday, March 9, 2009

Butter



This weekend I had a bug in me to do and make a lot of things... Butter being one of them.

I was inspired by this beautiful blog to make to it... So, I did. And, it was wonderful. We had it on our bread with poached eggs, on our waffles. Oh Dear Lord, I love butter.

It was so easy that everyone should give it a try, its so not intimidating. This is what I did:

I filled up a mason jar half way with heavy cream and I shook the thing for 15 minutes. Done.

After a few minutes I thought that there was no way it was going to change forms and instantly become butter, but sure enough, 10 minutes later it was butter! And, the left over liquid is buttermilk. Amazing.

This weekend I also made Cashew Milk, Cashew Curry and AMAZING frozen yogurt. Man, I LOVE the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely!!

likenarnia said...

and i would imagine it was a good work out. i am going to try it.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to have come across this. isn't the butter delicious?

Callie Grayson said...

very cool. I will have to try this on the weekend!! thanks for sharing:) i love butter and what better way to enjoy something , but make it yourself first! mmmmmmm